Would you rather be the disruptor or the disrupted?
Tisha Schuller sits down with Jackie Forrest and Kevin Krausert, two Calgary-based energy thought leaders, to discuss how the oil and gas industry can seize the day and lead toward a decarbonized energy future.
We ask the question: Would you rather be the disruptor or the disrupted?
In today’s episode, we explore answers to the following questions:
- Will natural gas lead the energy industry into the energy future?
- How will energy demand rebound in the near future?
- How can oil and gas companies bring together all parties and perspectives to chart a path forward for the industry?
- How can the oil and gas industry attract and retain millennial workers?
Jackie Forrest is the Sr. Director of Research for ARC Energy Research Institute, joining the company in 2014. Jackie has over 20 years of energy industry experience, a sought-after public speaker, author, and the host of the ARC Energy Ideas Podcast—a weekly podcast exploring the latest energy industry news. Jackie holds an MBA from Queen’s University and is a chemical engineering graduate of the University of Calgary.
Kevin Krausert is the President and CEO of Beaver Drilling Ltd., Canada’s largest privately-owned drilling contractor, and has moved up the company’s ranks from the rig to the corner office during his 16 tenure. Kevin is the co-founder of The Avatar Program, an industry wide collaboration between E&P’s, tech companies, and the University of Calgary bringing new technology and AI into the drilling industry. Kevin holds an MBA from the University of Calgary’s Haskayne School of Business and is a graduate of McGill University with a degree in neuroscience.
This episode was originally recorded as a webinar moderated by Tisha Schuller on May 27, 2020.
- The Avatar Program
- Kevin’s Book Recommendation: 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
- Jackie’s Podcast Recommendations: Energy Gang, Columbia Energy Exchange Podcast, Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors Podcast
- Tisha Schuller’s Autobiography: Accidentally Adamant
We invite you to consider a donation to our guest’s charity of choice, the Mustard Seed—an organization serving people experiencing poverty and homelessness in Calgary since the 1980s.
Subscribe here for Tisha’s weekly “Both Things Are True” email newsletter.
Follow all things Adamantine Energy at www.energythinks.com.