Toby Rice’s Climate-Centric Judo
Tisha Schuller welcomes Toby Rice, president and CEO of EQT Corporation, to the Energy Thinks podcast.
Tisha and Toby discuss:
- EQT’s environmental-centric approach to unleashing U.S. LNG;
- The global decarbonization race;
- The energy industry’s role in addressing climate;
- His vision for the “greenest initiative on the planet”;
- Qualities needed for rising leaders to build trust; and,
- Motivation resulting from workplace culture.
Toby’s experience as an executive in the industry started in 2007 when he co-founded Rice Energy with his brothers. Up until 2017 when the company was acquired by EQT, he held various positions, including CEO, president, COO, and board member. Along with serving as the president and CEO of EQT since 2019, he serves as a partner at Rice Investment Group. Toby has a B.S. in chemistry from Rollins College.
Subscribe here for Tisha’s weekly “Both Things Are True” email newsletter.
Follow all things Adamantine Energy at www.energythinks.com.
Thanks to Lindsey Slaughter, Adán Rubio, and Michael Tanner who make the Energy Thinks podcast possible.
[Interview recorded on June 16, 2022]