Tisha Schuller welcomes Vicki Hollub, president and CEO of Occidental, to the Energy Thinks Podcast. Oxy is one of the largest oil producers in the U.S. and a leading producer in the offshore Gulf of Mexico and the Permian and DJ basins.
Tisha and Vicki discuss:
- Oxy’s role as a carbon management business;
- Key qualities for leaders amid the energy transition;
- Effective collaboration with non-traditional allies;
- Vicki’s revelation during her 2018 meeting with the pope;
- Oxy’s DAC project in the Permian and synergies with the chemicals business;
- The balance between current operations and the demands of the energy future; and,
- The importance of inclusivity and belonging in a company.
Vicki’s career began at Cities Service, which later was acquired by Oxy. She held various vice presidency positions and was responsible for operations in multiple countries at Oxy, which has assets primarily in the U.S., Middle East, and North Africa and conducts various midstream operations. In May 2016, she became president and CEO of the company, where she continues to serve as a member of its board of directors. Vicki received a B.S. in mineral engineering from the University of Alabama in 1981 and was inducted into the 2016 class of Distinguished Engineering Fellows.
Subscribe here for Tisha’s weekly “Both Things Are True” email newsletter.
Follow all things Adamantine Energy at https://energythinks.com.
Thanks to Lindsey Slaughter, Adán Rubio, and Michael Tanner who make the Energy Thinks podcast possible.
[Interview recorded on June 13, 2022]