Be Bold and Be Clear
Focusing on the bridge from vision to pragmatic execution in game-changing leadership, Tisha Schuller welcomes Tommi Paris, Director of Diversity and Inclusion for Southern Company Gas. Tommi is a game-changing leader bringing thoughtful, impactful, pragmatic ideas to your diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) leadership strategy.
In this episode, we dive into:
- The relationship between DEI and productivity
- Personal steps to take to advance professional relationships
- How to create a culture where DEI is embraced and trust can build
- The role of introspection to create a healthy corporate D&I culture
Also, listen to the end to learn a fun fact about Tommi!
Tommi Paris is the Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Southern Company Gas and has nearly a decade of work experience in the area of DEI. As a result of her efforts, Southern Company Gas was awarded the Roosevelt Thomas Champion of Diversity Award by the American Association for Access in 2018. Additionally, she is a Certified Diversity Professional. Tommi holds a Master’s of Public Administration from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and a Bachelor’s of Sociology from Furman University.
- Diversity – “The broad array of characteristics that make us who we are.”
- Equity – “Looking at the results and the outcomes from the practices and policies that we have. Ensuring fair treatment, access, and opportunity for everybody. Striving to find and eliminate the barriers that serve to prevent people from fully participating and bringing their best to the organization.”
- Inclusion – “Being intentional about creating and fostering an environment where everybody’s differences are valued and respected.”
- “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts” by Gary Chapman
Subscribe here for Tisha’s weekly “Both Things Are True” email newsletter.
Follow all things Adamantine Energy at www.energythinks.com.
[Interview recorded on November 23, 2020]